Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 32 - It can be done!

Going raw can seem crazy - it sounds too hard, too weird and overall not fun.    I think most have a picture in their head of eating carrots and celery all day long and starting have a permanent smell of 'green' surrounding them at all time.  Not the case, I tell ya!

Not only has this journey been wonderful for the obvious reason but I also have talked to so many people that I haven't spoken to in YEARS and now are intrigued by Going Raw for a Reason.  I wanted to share with you an email I got yesterday that hopefully will convince you that it's not hard, it's not weird and it IS fun!  I didn't put the entire email ... just the good stuff for you! 

'Erin ...

I have been living the raw food detox diet life for a week and a half now and I'm loving it! (My husband has signed on, too). I've lost 10 pounds already and it seems too good and easy to be true. I ended up buying a Breville juicer and we use it several times a day. LOVE it. My 16-month-old loves the green lemonade, so I'm thrilled to be pumping him full of kale, spinach and romaine.

How insanely good is avocado spread on toasted Ezekial bread? I had the classic chopped salad with Golden Elixir dressing for lunch and then just had the above mentioned treat. I have baked some sweet potatoes to have as a snack a little later.  This is the easiest "diet" I have ever been on, and I plan to stick to it for the long haul. Thanks for the insight and heads up about this way of life. I was clueless when it came to eating "raw." I suspected that it would be miserable and that I would miss terribly all the sinful and delicious food out there. Now, my cart is FULL of nothing but fruits and vegetables.

PS-- I can still drink WINE. That made me a very happy girl.'

L and her cute little man.

This made my day - maybe even my week!  I will admit that I am a sucker for 'success stories' - when I go to buy a new fitness DVD (or anything for that matter) I always read the reviews and especially the success stories, am I the only one??   This is a GREAT success story in the making that I wanted to share.  Please, send me more!

FYI - she is talking about the RAW FOOD DIET DETOX by Natalia Rose that I have mentioned regularly and I had to throw in the wine comment for you girls out there : )  So you can have sweet potatoes, whole wheat pasta, and much more - it' how and when you eat them to allow for proper digestion ... so you can do it, I know you can!  Even having a green smoothie every morning and/or lunch is HUGE and that is a great way to clean your system and shed those extra pounds that our bodies hold on to which is mainly waste.  Ok, enough of my rambling.  

THANK YOU L for my email!  Happy Green to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment