Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 169: Exercise and Raw

Here is the thought of the day (actually the week if I am honest).  How is eating raw going to give me all of the energy and strength I need with all of my exercising??

Let me back up - I have a love/hate relationship with working out.  When I became a mom 4 years ago - it definitely became more of a love.  It's a good release of stress, some 'me' time and all around good for the soul!  Every blue moon, I decide I need to do something crazy and sign up for something to keep me motivated - this time around it was my little brother (can you still call him 'little' after he turns 30?)  that got me to sign up for a trail run in Atlanta this fall.  You could call it peer pressure, needing a goal to achieve or stupidity but I said yes - so my brother, sister in law, husband and my sister (whoo hoo) will all be doing the 12 mile trail run in the mountains of Georgia.   Mystery Mountain Marathon, here we come ...



Ok, back to the raw thing.  Am I getting enough protein to be working out like crazy like I am?  It has all been trial and error - I have noticed I am eating more and craving more - but I have been doing a lot of research and most say that you get more energy and stamina from the raw diet.  I have been eating a  lot of Subway for lunch - but I order the kids mini sub on wheat bread with only veggies and no dressing - can you say YUM?!  Normally, I wouldn't eat any grains during the daytime (only for dinner) but I am changing things up a bit now that I am burning a lot of calories and need more energy. 

Any suggestions??

It's been a GREAT week and such a good reminder of how good it feels to sweat like crazy and feel sore from the exercise, combined with my eating ... good things all around.

HAPPY GREEN!!!

1 comment:

  1. Could you switch it up a bit and try leaning more towards a vegetarian diet? Just thinking in terms of adding some more protein/grains/carbs. I know when I am training, I am definitely a lot more hungry! You will do great on your 12 mile trail run! :)

    ReplyDelete