Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 71: Falling off the Wagon!

Honesty. Perfectly Imperfect. Real. Rollercoaster. 

All of those words are what I am thinking and feeling today because let me tell you ... it was a NON raw weekend that has led to many things today!



The hubby has been traveling A LOT lately and we haven't seen much of him - so this past weekend we took a road trip and went away for the weekend.  

As I was packing I felt myself getting anxious, could I really take my blender, my juicer and a suitcase full of greens with me this weekend? Much less on the airplane, no!  But I thought I would make do ... 

That was until the girls started to get hungry on the road and we stopped for dinner. The girls and hubby ordered their dinner and I felt myself slowly sinking in my booth ... yes, places on side of the highway are booth worthy!  I sat there drinking my water and nibbling on the girls veggies (on their pizza mind you) and broke out into a song and dance to the hubby how I was nervous about the weekend with all of my eating these days.  He as always, calmed me down, shed light to the bigger picture and reminded me that not every situation is going to be ideal for the way I am eating - and more so, I didn't want to miss out on a fun weekend by not eating.

So - the madness began.

I ate, and ate, and ate.  You name it - I had it!  Not what you are thinking ... that I was sitting on our hotel bed covered in potato chip crumbs with a chocolate mustache ... but I did have yummy meals and had some desserts along the way!  The thought of the crumbs is pretty funny though!  By day 2 - my head hurt, my face was breaking out, I was soooo tired and all I wanted to do was hug that juicer of mine at home!

We are back at home and I am so thankful and grateful for this journey.  BUT - I had to be honest with myself and those reading that it's okay to fall off the wagon - a few bumps and bruises along the way are what make us stronger.  Like I tell my girls ... 'You're okay, you're strong' - today that is what I am telling myself.

Hope it was a GREEN St Patty's weekend for all!

HAPPY GREEN!

2 comments:

  1. You're awesome Erin. Falling off the wagon is totally a part of life and as long as we get back on the wagon - it's all good. :-) Thanks for being so honest on your blog. I know you are helping so many people stay inspired to be healthy and be realistic. Still so proud of you and Lindsey for rocking it! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having some cheat weekends is going to help make this commitment a lifetime reality. I am most definitely committed to a lifetime of eating healthy with a few indulging weekends along the way. In fact, I welcome them because they make me excited and afterward remind me of why I am on this healthy journey (because I feel so much better when I eat better). So proud of you girl! See ya soon

    ReplyDelete