Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 77: Family Recipes!

Happy Sunday ... what a weekend!  Who knew it was spring but hopefully warm weather will soon be around the corner.

I had to share a yummy new recipe I received over the weekend from my sister in law - I'll let you know how it tastes but it reads y.u.m.m.y. and it will be my lunch tomorrow for sure!

Here goes:

Avocado Duo with Carrots and Beets

2 carrots, freshly grated
2 medium sized beets, freshly grated
1 stalk celery, chopped
5-6 red onion rings
1 avocado, halved
Grapefruit segments for garnish

Dressing:
1 tbsp. fresh parley and mint, freshly chopped
3 tbsp flax seed oil
Juice half a lemon
Tamari soy sauce

Mix together all of the dressing ingredients. Toss carrots, beets, celery and onion in the dressing.  Serve on avocado halves garnished with grapefruit halves and a slice of lemon.


Thanks for the avocado-lishish recipe ... you know the way to my heart ♥  Miss you guys a TON!

                                              Sister in Law and Bro 


 HAPPY GREEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment