Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 80: Celebrites Gone Raw!

Day 80 - it has a nice ring to it, don't you think??

Those who know me know that I have an obsession with fashion, clothing and sometimes celebrities - they kind of go hand in hand.  I am not proud to say that I could tell you who wore what to almost anywhere but it's the story of my game ... so I embrace it!  My sister and I play a game called 'scooped' that whoever is the first to call each other with celebrity news gets scooped - yes, I race to the phone the second something happens to anyone of 'scooping' worthy to my sister. 

So I thought - just like I look in magazines to see who is wearing what - I am also curious to know who is eating what.  I was amazed at some and others were a no brainer ... but still interesting either way!

Donna Karan, the women's clothing designer, is a famous raw foodist who lost 20 pounds and has drawn a lot of attention to the diet due to how awesome she looks.  Does this give me the 'green' light to buy more of her clothing, I think so!!!

Demi Moore has been on raw foods for a long time and looks it. Her fab raw body in Charlie's Angels helped to spread the raw food diet far and wide, making her one of the most famous raw foodists, showing that raw vegan weight loss really works as a permanent and joyful weight loss lifefstyle.  She also does p90x, she's a mad woman!




Supermodel Carol Alt is one of the most well known famous raw foodists, she is totally raw and openly promotes and teaches the lifestyle.  She also has written a few books about eating raw.  I never had the pleasure of meeting her in my years of working in the modeling industry but have stood near her and she beams full of light.  Now I am convinced it's all of the green!




Alicia Silverstone has known about raw foods for a while, she has been vegan forever. Apparently she is mostly raw now and has her amazing book, The Kind Diet.  Ok - yes, I love the movie Clueless and wanted to be her.  There, I said it.


Former US President Bill Clinton recently confirmed that he is indeed eating a mainly vegan/raw diet. In the interview, the former president explains the reason behind his decision to go vegan.  I found this impressive!


Other celebrities that have embraced the raw foods lifestyle in some form include Woody Harrelson, Pierce Brosnan, Daryl Hannah, Susan Sarandon, Cher, Margaret Cho, Angela Bassett, Steve Jobs, and Edward Norton.

HAPPY GREEN!

1 comment:

  1. It is so neat that these celebrities who have a great influence on a large amount of people are spreading such a positive message about being healthy and eating right for a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete