Monday, January 17, 2011

Day Eight - Winning The Battle

Wow, has it really already been 8 days??? So much to tell in so little time!

I feel G R E A T ... and that is no lie! There have been days that seem very daunting and thinking of Day 151 seems like eternity but I am taking one day at a time, even with life these days.  I am still juicing for breakfast and lunch and honestly feel like I am eating all of the time. Veggies are a 'free' snack any time of the day so I am constantly eating something yummy ... and the time dinner rolls around, having some steamed veggies, brown rice and sometimes some fish is overindulgent and so filling.  I have so much more energy and sleep better at night, a double whammy in my book!

The hubby made it back (YEA!) and he proceeded to come through the door at 11 o'clock at night holding 2 chalupas for me from Taco Bell.  Yes, really.  My first thought was, really?? And seriously, when is the last time I even ate Taco Bell? Maybe college, late night?  BUT ... the greatest part about it was I didn't even want it nor the desire to eat anything of that nature!  God love him ... he just forgot about the 'green' eating these days.  He sat down and ate those chalupas with a smile on his face ... I am not sure if he was proud of me for not indulging or because he got to eat my food!

Here is the BEST part ... my friend who is joining me in this great adventure for her health looks and feels AMAZING. I say again, AMAZING.  I saw her last night and I think she was walking on cloud 9 the entire time - she was glowing and beaming with light at every angle.  For every time I found myself wanting something other than a vegetable, that made it all worth it.  This wasn't about me trying to be on a diet and not be able to eat certain foods, this was more and that was my reminder.  I am learning so much about myself and hopefully what my future holds.  

One last thing - for any of you who ever tried to change something in your life - your diet, smoking, exercise, anything for that matter ... I am learning it's a battle to change something that we are so used to doing and I stand here with each of you.  They say it takes 3 weeks to break any habits - that is no lie!!   I heard something that hit home to me - we don't choose to be in the battle but we can choose to WIN that battle.  So ... I continue to fight my battle and enjoy all of the benefits that I am gaining from eating clean.  Life is GOOD!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Erin! I just noticed your blog. This is so awesome. Do you have any great vegetable preparation ideas for my 19 month old? I'm so happy to see how great your family is doing. Give everyone a big hug from us!
    ~Leandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you!!!!! You're doing great! Keep praying for Strength for you, I know you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete