Sunday, January 9, 2011

Tomorrow is D Day!!!

I can't tell you how many emotions I have going on right now ... but most of all, I am beyond excited to start this new journey.  Let me give you a little background to let you know how I got to this place - I'll keep it short - or try!  I have loved the idea of going raw for many months and have tried it a few times, I always got sidetracked by Friday night pizza nights, or date nights, or anything else that came up ... I realized that I wasn't doing it for the right reasons - YET!  I later learned of a condition a new and dear friend was suffering from (Lupus, which I am learning more and more about everyday) ... and my heart started stirring. I mentioned to her the raw food program and the possibilities of helping or better yet curing her condition - she had been thinking about it too and had been given books recently from friends and family members but was nervous about doing it alone.  After weeks of prayer and knowing that this was exactly what I needed to be doing ...  we are doing it together! Tomorrow is D day, so tonight is E day - or EAT day!

For the first time I feel like I am doing something for self-less reasons, there is no vanity behind the choice (yes, I am hoping to lose some holiday lbs, I'm not going to lie!) and I am hoping and expecting great things from this adventure!  My family has a lot of decisions to make this year ... and this is my way of being clear in my thoughts and to hear what I need to hear in order to move forward.   The journey starts here  ... I am doing 21 days of the Green Smoothie Detox which will ease me into eating raw for the next 365 days - YES, 365 days. With the help of many books, The Raw Food Detox Diet being my favorite so far (Thank you, Julie!) which has given me the tools and the excitement to get started.   Will it be hard, yes - will I want to eat pizza, yes - will I stay strong and complete my goal, I hope so!  Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. I am SO excited to begin this journey with you! I believe God has divinely brought us together for this purpose. I really can't say thanks enough for being willing to share this experience with me. I am expecting great things to happen. On day 365 we will look back with great accomplishment and in awe of how God can truly do miracles in us and through us. I pray that this journey brings you clarity and peace about the Lord's will in your life. I pray that the Lord would take the wonderful natural foods that I eat and heal my body of lupus. I pray that I can get off all the harmful medications that I'm on and that eventually someday we will be able to have children. We give you all the glory, Lord! Amen! Let the journey begin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how God formed our small group and has created the kind of relationships I prayed for! What a blessing and I am so happy for you two! We support you and promise to pray for you through your journey! yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that God has brought such wonderful people into my cousin's life! Praying that God will continue to bless your friendship!

    ReplyDelete