Monday, January 10, 2011

DAY ONE - Green Smoothie Anyone??

If you could see me right now, I am doing the happy dance!!!  This day is complete and I feel GOOD! I had my moments - a little tired in the afternoon but for the most part, it wasn't too bad - never hungry. I started off the day with a YUMMY green smoothie and basically sipped that the entire morning through lunch.  Here is a pic for you...

It may not look like it but it was DELISH ... a blend of apples, pears, spinach, celery, romaine lettuce, a banana, a lemon - who knew! I even made a similar more fruity version for the girls and they loved it.  We had a snow day today so wearing jammies and sipping green smoothies all day long was something new and exciting for us...

Thank you for all of the wonderful emails and support - and the amazing stories of those with ailments that have 100% disappeared due to eating a raw diet.  My friend made it through the day with much success too  - and hopefully she will be one of those stories for me to pass along some day!  It's amazing how food can effect our bodies, mood and spirit - I am proud to be a part of something that will not only teach me how sacred our bodies are but rid of any toxins that are building as we speak. 

Today I was reminded how truly blessed I am - for my health, my husband, my family and friends and to be alive! 'You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.' (1 Cor 6:20) 

Now, will I have headaches and crave my Diet coke tomorrow?? Probably! We'll see ... !

No comments:

Post a Comment