Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day Nine - Recipe Exchange

Day Nine.  Feeling good. No, feeling great. Really!

I don't have much to report today except for some recipes for those interested in dabbling in juicing!  I have a Breville juicer, I completely lucked out and found one on craigslist for a great price! But ... I was using my Target one before that and it worked just fine.  You can also use your blender but I prefer the taste of the juice without the pulp.  I am a 'no pulp' kinda girl when I buy my orange juice!

My daily (breakfast and lunch) juice is:

1 apple 
1 pear
1 lemon (a MUST!)
head of romaine lettuce 
3 stalks of celery
handful of spinach

I cut the apple and pear into large pieces (no core) and also remove the lemon peel.  The better of a juicer you have, the less prep work you have to do.  I put everything in and juice away - it is absolutely delicious, I promise.  You can always get more adventurous and add strawberries, blueberries, etc but always remember to keep it green with romaine, celery, etc.  Kale is soooo good for you and I rotate my greens by the week and depending on what is one sale.

For my kids:

1 pint blueberries (or strawberries - whichever is on sale!)
1 apple
handful of spinach 
1 lemon

They both have their 'green juice cups' with a special straw and ta da, they are drinking spinach and loving it!

I am not an expert at all when it comes to eating raw or clean - this has all been learned from wonderful friends and books ... so I LOVE to hear from others with recipes, tips or anything that is helpful!  Happy Tuesday with love!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I did it! After leaving your house I was motivated to go home and juice a gallon of carrot juice. That will hold me over another couple of days. Drinking the carrot juice so regularly has thrown me into a whole other detox. WOW! Talk about headaches and other fun stuff. I praise the Lord for the reminders that I am doing something right. I feel simply amazing! I can't wait to see the results on paper. Erin, I am so proud of you and your commitment. I feel there is no better way to have a clear head and hear God's direction for the future. I pray you have an amazing journey ahead of you. God is so good.

    Much love from your green junkie!

    ReplyDelete